Thursday 5 April 2012

Birthday card for my Niece

I had a lot of fun making this card for my Niece, I decided I wanted to make her a card with something on it that was a big part of her teenage years, she was a big fan of Betty Boop and still is, so I used a picture that I had and die cut it to fit the pattern that I have used, the pattern No is APA pattern No a0333 I stitched it in a Black and Gold thread and a Red and Gold thread, I glittered the earings and bracelet (OMG, What a mess I made all over the dining room table, I can't believe how much glitter spreads all over the place, and I only used a little bit) and then added some gold sparkly gems and black matt gems, at the bottom I added the Card candy in black and gold, and on the top corners I Die cut the swirly corners from Black mirri card using a Memory Box corner Die which I think tied it all together very nicely, I matted it onto gold Mirri card and them mounted it onto Black pearlescent cardstock, I decided to photograph the card and then made the insert with the same picture on it, My Niece was so thrilled with her card, it was well worth all the effort.

2 comments :

  1. Eine wunderschöne Karte und ein super süsses Motiv, gefällt mir sehr gut!
    Schöne Ostern wünscht Bea/Mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    I adore this card I can see why your niece was thrilled
    The card is fantastic
    hugs
    sharon

    ReplyDelete